Sunday 2 October 2011

My Character Archetype

After careful consideration, I decided that my character archetype should be a Shadow. A Zombie or a walking dead character can be classed as a shadow, these characters are to make a normal human being feel uneasy and far from being safe. I first wanted my character to be an Anti Hero, this is a character that should classically be disliked but in my context he would have played the lead role which means the audience should sympathise and/or like him, but the shadow archetype is more fitting.

Other types of archetypes :



Darth Vader is a good example of a Shadow archetype 




Other archetypes are: 

Willing Hero : King Arthur; Leelu from The Fifth Element; Hercules

Unwilling Hero : Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbitt, Phillipe Gaston from Ladyhawke

Cynical Anti-hero : Han Solo from Star Wars

Tragic Anti-hero : Lestat from Ann Rices' Vampire Chronicles; Darth Vader from Star Wars

Group-oriented Hero : CuChulainn from Irish myth.

Loner Hero : Indiana Jones, Xena from Xena: Warrior Princess

Catalyst Hero : Any mentor (s/he's the hero of their own stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment