Monday 10 February 2014

OUDF603: Interim Presentation

On Thursday 6th February, we had an interim presentation to detail what our projects are all about. The presentation was to help us receive feedback from our peers and tutors.

After presenting my project, I received positive feedback from the peers and some were suggesting ways I could enhance, play around and have fun with project. I was recommended to research and test other rendering software such as AutoCAD, an application for 2D and 3D computer-aided design and drafting. Maxwell Render, a software package that aids in the production of photo realistic images from computer 3D model data and a 3D renderer and also Arnold Render, a path tracing 3D rendering application. These were all valuable recommendations and I took them in account. Another useful recommendation was to create my architectural visualisation practically, a miniature house created from materials such as cardboard then recreate it digitally. I found this useful & I took it to consideration. The final recommendation I was given was to go out and survey a building's interior, take it's measurements and correlate the measurements into my digital design.

However there were also issues discussed at the tutorial with Matt, he wasn't fond of my idea as he mentioned the following 


  • The idea needed more inspiration
  • The idea is very generic as it just features shiny surfaces, it is too simple
  • It is too stereotypical, it can be easily done by watching a tutorial
  • It need to be original, make it my own 
  • I need to do a project that will test the techniques that I've learnt
  • The idea needs to be a bit more abstract
  • Build more on the idea, augment it with computer generated visual effects
Action to take.

I have taken Matt's suggestions to consideration, however, I don't feel this new idea will motivate me. Therefore I have chosen to brainstorm further into more Ideas and work on a new and fresh project.                                                                                                                               






No comments:

Post a Comment