Sunday 29 January 2012

Ryan Gosling : Drive


Drive is a film that I recently watched & I must say, I deeply enjoyed it as I feel it is a modern masterpiece. One may compare this to a Tarantino film as it has the same filming techniques such as unnecessarily extended scenes with no dialogue at all. The soundtrack choice is also unexpected but somehow fits in perfectly with the cinematography, its very catchy and defiantly fits the mood. Drive is a movie directed by a Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn who is also known for the movie 'Bronson'


The movie is led by Ryan Gosling as the 'unnamed' character usually referred to as 'Driver' or 'Kid'. He is a very mysterious character without a back-story so we don't really get told what his story is, except that he's a stunt driver for films. On the book that bases this film on, the character actually has a back-story.
What inspired me on this film was the cinematography and the soundtrack, I think they both worked in harmony.


Below is the official trailer for the film. I feel as if though the trailer hugely misrepresented the sophistication of the film as they presented it as a typical explosive Hollywood film and it gives out a lot of spoilers.


No comments:

Post a Comment