Tuesday 13 November 2012

Humanoid Robot Character Research

For our Game Art & Machinima project, I've chosen to create a humanoid robot character and it's Archetype falls under 'Villain'. After creating my first draft of the Robot, I received some criticism during one of the interim Crit sessions. It was brought to my attention that my character looked too much like the 'Iron Giant', therefore I had to work on another idea. Revising back to the criticism I noticed there were a few similarities, I guess I drew the character with the Iron Giant in my subconscious. 


figure 1

fig 1
Above (figure 1) is my idea of the robot redrawn by my group member Jess, the Robot has similarities to Iron Giant.

figure 2
 fig 2
Figure 2 is the Iron Giant.

-I then begun re-researching to get inspiration for new ideas by looking at illustration of Humanoid androids online.

-Although my new idea was sort of straying off the 'humanoid' angle, the idea was to have a head for a body and it's arms and legs connected directly to the head. I did some research of 3D android illustrations to help me execute my plan. Below are a few Ideas and inspirations which caught my eye.











No comments:

Post a Comment