Tuesday 23 April 2013

OUDF503: Presentation Feedback + New Idea

Response brief presentation outcome.

After presenting my initial idea to my peers I received incredibly valuable advice. I received a number of opinions and recommendations regarding the short film I’ve decided to make. 

My original chosen self-directed study was a short film that involves street art and general typography found in Leeds. The objective was to create a sentence out of the lettering that I would have filmed; this was either going to be an interpretation of a short poem, film monologue or a famous quote.The strongest idea so far was to get an individual to read out a monologue from a film and match the words using the typography that I have filmed.
 The problems that were brought up are as follows 

· The film wouldn’t look very consistent, as the shots will jump from one to another.

· It would be hard to construct a sentence that makes any sense using different shots.

· It wouldn’t be visually appealing aesthetically.

· Filming in the city centre would be difficult in terms of acquiring permission, so I would have to sneakily use my smartphone, consequently the outcome of the images/footage wouldn’t be as good as shooting using an XDcam.


The feedback on what I should do instead

· Kinetic typography as it is much cleaner and visually pleasing.
· Film your subject reading out a monologue and animate the text around them.


· New Idea

I accept the new idea as it is less complex and I feel I can tackle the task with ease. My new objective is to now write/collaborate with one of my peers in coming up with a short monologue. I then plan on recording the monologue as audio first, then filming footage of the individual who read the monologue on film, instead of having them talking, I will have them stood there while the typography animates around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment