Thursday 18 April 2013

OUDF502: Resources That Can Support an Area of Improvement

Throughout my student life, I've used various resources to support me in my education, the main ones being the Internet and the library. I've learned that I'm not a big fan of reading as it makes it harder for me to interpret what I learn into my own projects. I find it easier and quicker to observe tutorials through video or to listen to someone telling me what to do. Consequently the main resource I have discovered to be of benefit to me is a website called digital tutors. It’s a subscription site in which I pay a sum of $45/£28 each month to get instant access to thousands of videos. I can either learn from watching individual tutorials or following a learning path that provides me with courses that demonstrate every step from the foundation of a project to the very end. I’ve learnt important subjects on CG, VFX and digital art and I have applied that to my work. The website is and excellent foundation for beginners or developing artists like myself and even for industry professionals. It not only teaches me ‘how’ but also teaches my ‘why’ I learn all the techniques and workflows that I cover.

The only downside to it is that I’m only a student, so I find it a bit expensive to keep up with the monthly subscription; therefore I sometimes unsubscribe and re-subscribe when it’s essential for a project I’m working on at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment