Thursday 24 April 2014

OUDF601: Digital Composting & Editing

Tools used: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro & Video Co Pilot's Optical Flares.

Post Production is my favourite stage in film-making so I had a lot of fun experimenting with optical flares in this stage. 



To ensure the magical orb was moving exactly with my subject's hands, I used motion tracking, I parented the null object on both the orb and the optical flare. To ensure the motion was organic, I applied 'ease in-easeout' on all the 'position' key frames. Tracking the flares was bit more complex than tracking the orb, I had to make sure the flares had 3D parallax to them otherwise I would have been tracking the video of the flare, not the actual flare. To do this I went on the Effects controls tab > 'Alt & click' Position > Pick-whip the values into the Null object. 

In order to add realism to the flare located behind the subject, I experimented with dynamic triggering and auto shimming. I also  added a mask around my subject, I invert it so that the light goes behind the subject. I added a Gaussian blur effect to give the illusion that the light was at a distance. 

I used the same settings for the composition of the other video.

I edited the final sequence on Adobe Premiere Pro and in the process I added Colour Correction, Curves, Levels, Soundtrack and Wide screen Bars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment