Friday 10 February 2012

CYRIAK : Animator

Cyriak is a freelance animator based in Brighton. He's worked in a number of commercial projects, from tv advertising to channel idents and even music videos. He's widely known for his weird animations and sense of humour. He recently visited us in Uni to give us a little taster of what he does. I immediately admired his humour and his work as it inspired me to be a free-spirit. He's choice of style is very different from commercial animations you see on a daily basis, yet it fits in the same industry as the rest of them. 
I do not see myself doing his type of animation but what I learnt from him is if you put in hard work and heart into your projects you're are bound to be noticed and your efforts will pay off. He showed us most of his work and also gave us advice on what to do after we graduate, he gave us some heads up on what to expect from clients. He also mentioned that in the industry, its about who you know and not what you know. I was very inspired by him & even shook his hand. Below's is one of my favourite and most recent animations by him : 





He showed us the animatics to this video, the storyboards and all the planning, he mentioned that it took 6 weeks for him to animate the whole film. He used photoshop, After Effects & Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment