Thursday 10 May 2012

Final Crit

Annabeth organised a Crit session a week before the actual deadline  of the project. I found this really useful as it gives you time to tweak what you have done after receiving feedback from fellow colleagues. We played each other's games that we created and wrote down what we thought was good and bad.


The criticism I received during the session was 

  • Bump-mapping is too much.
  • Controller is not on the ground and was too big for the stairs.
  • I needed colliders and sliders.
  • Environment is a bit too big.
  • Back face culling was showing, player could see through the walls.
I immediately took action to all this feedback and fixed all that was wrong. I also had the chance to add ambient sound and effects. I found that this Crit session was very useful as no one was shy to say what they really meant as we were not talking in front of the entire group. I think this type of Crit would be very useful on future modules.



No comments:

Post a Comment