Thursday 6 December 2012

Game Art: Robot // Animation

Animating is a always a tedious task, especial for walk cycles, even professional animators say walk cycles are the hardest to do. I gave this a go and I understand where everyone is coming from. Luckily enough the animation of my robot did not require any walk cycles. This gives me an opportunity to practise in my own time instead of wasting time during the studio sessions. My animation involved the robot surveying from underwater and killing mammoo. Frames 1-60 was of the robot surveying from underneath the icy waters, frames 70-150 was of the robot swimming up to the surface, this happens while the drills are pointed upwards and spinning, this is to literally break the ice when the robot hits the surface. Frames 160-280 is of the robot stepping on the edge of the hole he just drilled, this is when he is ready to kill mammoo. Our initial team idea was to have the robot shoot a laser at mammoo using it's eye, we did not have enough time to figure out how to do that, therefore our backup plan was to have the robot stomp at mammoo. 

I did a second animation in which I had use as my character turnaround. I had to incorporate Unity 3D to archive this. This task didn't take long to do but it a bit of scripting to do, luckily there was a tutorial on-line about this so I followed it. Below is the character turnaround of my robot.




Unity Web Player | Webplayer Turnaround -->
Unity Web Player | Webplayer Turnaround

No comments:

Post a Comment