Friday 15 March 2013

OUDF504: Alien

Point and Description of Alien.


  • Android with amour like clothing.
  • High resolution detail 
  • Beat up and broken down (no arms etc)
  • Laid on the bed lifeless 
  • Futuristic
  • Sharp and edge based look
  • In need of medical attention
Creating this alien wasn't as complex, I kept it simple and all I had to model was the head, the torso and the pelvis. I did not need to create any legs as this was not going to be on the shot anyway, this was a good way of saving time for other things in my project. For the arms I decided to to model cables sticking out, I used CV curves tool to achieve this. This is to give an illusion that the alien has no arms and is in need of medical attention.

Prior to creating my alien character, I did a lot of research on armoured aliens and androids, I also drew out a couple of sketches.

I used Mental Ray's materials to texture my alien and the final render was done using Mental Ray. Below are a series of renders experimenting with shaders and lighting.






No comments:

Post a Comment