Thursday 7 March 2013

OUDF504: Keying & Camera Tracking

After finishing my interior environment, it was time to start compositing the footage into the scene. This proved difficult as all my shots had motion therefore I had to include camera tracking in which I had no experience in. On one of the shots the camera slowly tracks forward and on the other shot the was the crane panning up. 
Keying the footage was very simple as there is a tutorial posted up on the VLE to guide us. The tutorial taught me using features as Screen Pre-blur, Screen Matte, Raising and lowering the clip attributes, Screen shrink/glow and more. I also used the simple matte chocker effect for even better results, I will apply this method into my future work flow. My footage had enough green screen on the background and minimal creases therefore I was able to key clean footage overall. 

Below are images showing how my keyed footage looks. I used Keylight 1.2





Below, the dots you see on the subject are to help with the with the camera tracking. During filming I also applied masking tape on the green screen to help me with post production tracking which is this stage. I added either text or a solid to help me with perspective when the footage is exported to maya. I'm yet to experiment with null objects as I was told are also very good with camera tracking.




After all the 3D camera tracking is done, the next objective is to export the footage into maya, import my 3D interior environment into the scene, line up to and scale to size. Batch render and import the image sequence back into After effects. This is something that I have not done before so therefore I will ask for help and also watch tutorial videos to help me with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment