Wednesday 8 May 2013

OUDF502: Competition Brief Initial Ideas

Upon entering the Competition, I decided to gather up images and information for a mood board. The brief describes that it wants innovative ideas, therefore something that has not been done by them before. The idea that seem to flood into my head is to create a stylized cartoony character in Maya, below is an example: 


Not being sure if my Maya skills would allow me to create a stylzed character with this much detail, I continued to research some more. My main aim is to create a 3D character on Maya, the reason I'm choosing to do so is so my skills can improve. Maya is a vital tool to Film, Games and Animation. 

The campaign titles to this project are 

  • Speak up
  • Leave your mark
  • Build a better future
  • Make a difference
  • Be heard
The more I look into this titles, the more I think of a cartoon character speaking into a megaphone or a microphone. Below is another idea that has inspired me: 


Even though the one above is 2 dimensional, I can easily create my own idea that I can turn into 3D. I need to begin drawing some concept artwork on various ideas and hopefully I will have one that sticks. 









No comments:

Post a Comment