Wednesday 26 March 2014

OUDF603: 123D Scan & DMM Integration





Above are two separate meshes of the scanned house, the one on the left has had the polygons reduced to only 3753 while the original on the right has 30026. The reason why I reduced the polygons was to hopefully run a DMM simulation without using too much data and processing power. 

Why it failed.

The reason why I failed to run a simulation is 'unfortunately the mesh isn't suitable for use with DMM', this is a persisting problem that I have encountered more than once now and according to my tutor, this is because the mesh has holes in it, it needs to be airtight. I've done everything to fill the holes in the mesh but the problem persists, this is something that defiantly needs a thorough investigation as it will cause problems in the future.

After reading forum regarding this problem, no one seems to have a straight answer on how to get rid of the warning even after filling the holes in the mesh. This is a problem that needs professional help and I'm prepared to question the developers about it.

Below is the warning message from the DMM plug-in:









No comments:

Post a Comment