Monday 21 May 2012

What Is An Evaluation?

During this lecture by Bridget, i knew this would come in handy since it is mandatory for me to do an evaluation on all my modules. I needed to learn some useful tips on how to go about writing an evaluation. I've written many evaluation throughout my academic studies but now I am learning at a much higher level therefore using the right terminology is very important.


An evaluation Involves accessing the strengths and weaknesses of programs, policies, people, products and organizations to improve their performances.


Important areas to write about:

  • Write about progress of your work
  • Quality of your work/Solution
  • Performance during the module
  • Ability
  • Professionalism
What not to do:
  • "I think I made good progress"
  • "I am pleased with my work"
  • "I worked very hard"
What does an Evaluation involve?
  • Asking questions
  • Answering questions
  • Analysis
  • Reflecting on judging the evidence
  • Doing something to act on the learning
  •  MAKE CHANGES (Action plan)
Organize your thoughts: areas of practice
  • Use key events as heading
  • From less complex to more complex
  • from inner thoughts to what other people think.
Use signposts
  • Draw attention to certain points
  • "Equally important"
  • "Furthermore"
  • "In particular"
Since I've had this lecture, I've used these points to achieve a close to professional evaluation, I occasionally refer to my notes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment