Wednesday 9 May 2012

Tree-house Development

Developing my tree house was very exciting, it took me a little longer than two weeks as I kept changing and advancing my ideas, most of the time went on texturing. I kept keeping an eye on my poly count as my aim was to keep the geometry low poly. I deleted all the unneeded faces under the steps and inside the hut and tried not to bevel a lot . I found that texturing was very important and time consuming, so i tryed to model the geometry as fast i could and spent more time texturing. Photoshop played a huge role when it came to manipulating my textures. 
I took a few screen shots to show the progression of my work.






Above: The steps, poles and decks significantly increased the number of faces as I did a lot of 'duplicate specials'.


 Above: The hut increased the faces to just above 2000.



Above: I brought in the UV snapshot to Photoshop to start adding textures.



Above: After I added the textures, I brought them back to Maya and assigned them to my geometry.



Above: I added a green wood texture to the steps, poles and deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment