Thursday 22 May 2014

OUDF602: Business Cards | Printing

The company I chose to print my cards is a company I was recommended by Antony Ward who was one of the visiting speakers. The reason being that it provides 'Luxe' cards, Luxe being  the finest paper stock. Four layers of sumptuous Mohawk Superfine sandwiched together to create the ultimate Business Card. What I like about the website is, it lets you design your own card or choose from thousands of their designs. Fortunately for me I ready to use my logo that I had designed, so therefore I chose to design my own card instead of the presets Moo provides. 


Moo allows you to choose the type of paper you like & also provides the dimensions for the card size if you choose to create your own design on Photoshop. 

As I said on my earlier blog  that I was not entirely happy with the final design of my logo & I had unfortunately used up the number of time the design is revised. So I took upon my self to alter the designs into something I'm much more happier about. Below is the altered edit of my logo.


The new design insists of a telephoto lens signifying that I'm a photographer & film-maker. I also added a fine line between the lens & 'WIZ' and lastly I added a title that says "Professional Photographer & Film-maker".


This is how I've designed the back of the card, using one of my favourite fonts 'Bebas Neue', I added the Facebook, email and telephone icons and lastly I added a textured ivory colour background.

When I was happy with all the designs, I went ahead & purchased a quantity of 50 Luxe business cards costing a total of £28.79 inc VAT. The turn around for the cards was 2 weeks, when the delivered, the Luxe cards come in a nicely packaged box as a way to thank the customer for spending a little bit of more money. 




No comments:

Post a Comment