Friday 16 May 2014

OUDF603: Alien Craft | Render & Comp

Because the focus of my project is on Visual Effects modelling a high resolution spacecraft would have taken a lot of time, with the £50 we were all provided by the college, I decided to use that money to purchase 1 asset from Turbosquid.com. 

Here's an image of what that ship looks like :


The reason I bought this particular model is because of the level of detail, it has an enormous poly count of 319,913.

Below is my version of the render:



Above: After removing the tail end of the spaceship, rendered using Mental Ray & the Physical Sun & Sky.




More Experimenting with the mia material x materials





Decided to take the craft into Photoshop & added a rust texture, UV mapping the spaceship was impossible. 



Happy with this look.



Composited into my footage in AE, the spaceship fits in seamlessly.





Final Render.






No comments:

Post a Comment