Thursday 22 May 2014

OUDF602: Uncredited Published Content

An online newspaper from 'The Tab Leeds' released an article that included a series of my photography. As I was delighted that my work is finally getting out there to a vast audience, my excitement was quickly brought down as I realised that they hadn't credited me. The article is regarding a Made in Chelsea star Jaime Laing's disappointing appearance at a nightclub. 

I went ahead & asked for some advice from a closed group for photographers on Facebook and I quickly got a valid response illustrated below.


I thought to myself that even if the subject being written about is receiving a lot of bad press lately, I doubt it would affect me. I went ahead and emailed the editor of the article and politely asked if they could credit the source of the images. 

Here's the link to the article: Fans left gutted after Jamie Laing's disappointing appearance.

Late on that day, yet another unrelated article got published & again more of my work was used to illustrate. This article was from the same publisher. The link is below: 

The-alternative-leeds-prospectus


This hasn't been resolved yet as the editor hasn't responded to the email I sent. Although I am grateful that my work is being taken seriously by other practitioners, it would also be helpful to be credited as it would help me receive more recognition from potential clients. 





No comments:

Post a Comment