Saturday 3 May 2014

OUDF603: Animated Set Progress | Camera

Below are some visual screenshots of my progress so far. 



Above is when I was repositioning the camera so that the focal length fits the canvas, I made sure to uniform scale the sky node and the foreground node in order to keep the various mountain seems hidden away from the viewer's perspective. This will come in handy when it's time to animate the scene.

I set the focal length to 50mm, in which I used when I was filming the live action footage, I shot at an f stop of 16 in order to get every detail in focus. Unfortunately I don't live in the Himalayas or Nepal so I couldn't get images of epic mountain peaks, so my only option at this point was to good high resolution mountains.

To view & render the scene as I was editing, I decided to use the scan line render, this is purely because it is speedy when rendering & it renders in real time, meaning an change made will be updated immediately.


Above is the 2D perspective of the scene, all the nodes are piped to the scan line render. This is before the camera was repositioned, the focal length is currently at 24mm, which is too wide. This is also before the sky node and the foreground node was uniform scaled, the mountain seams are showing. 



Above are the camera projection settings I used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment