Sunday 11 May 2014

OUDF603: Green-screen Footage




Above is an image of the green screen shoot I organised to be shot on location. Initially I was going to shoot this sequence in the lecture theatre but after some careful consideration, I realised the studio lights would give the footage an unnatural look. The day I did the shoot the weather was overcast, this is good for a natural diffuse, meaning I didn't receive any harsh lighting and shadows.
Overall the shoot was a success, I shot at least 20 takes that included various camera angles, action scenes and I also shot the footage behind a blue-screen & green-screen, see illustrations below. 

I shot the footage using a Canon 5D MKII with a 24-70 mm f/2.8.




I also took an opportunity to shoot the back plates of the footage to be used on the final comp.






The blue screen footage did not work as it can be seen above, the jacket picked up the transparency. I've decided to use the green screen footage as it is the one that provided me with a clean key. 


Below is the green screen version.



No comments:

Post a Comment