Monday 20 May 2013

OUDF503: Filming & Problems Encountered

Today I begun filming the footage for my response brief project, I faced so many problems from the beginning but I managed to pull through them thanks to my peers. I begun by booking out the following in advance:


  • Photography Studio with white backdrop
  • Canon 5D mk3
  • Canon 7D
  • Tripod x2
  • Rode Mic
  • Small collar mic 
  • Lights
The first problem encountered was the studio that I was working in, it was a photography studio and there were other students doing a shoot. This obviously meant that there was going to be noise coming from them communicating and also from the flash firing. I wanted complete silence for my filming and this was impossible to get. Their session was booked at exactly the same time as mine 9:30-12:30.
At this point all I could do was to prepare my set for my actors to interview and the best I could ask for was for them to keep the noise down. When it came down to filming, I had to use a collar mic instead of a boom mic as it gave a clear and crisp sound with little to none background noise.
To some degree, this was a success but the sound quality is definitely not up to professional standards. After the photography's session finished, we had a short window in which we could do second takes with no background noise. We managed to film two interviews until we were interrupted and told that our session was over. 

Below is an image of myself directing and filming the actors in Studio A.




No comments:

Post a Comment