Tuesday 21 May 2013

OUDF503: I Haven't Got A Catchphrase



Above is another video that inspired  me to do my video behind a white backdrop. This video named 'I Haven't Got A Catchphrase' by Kevin has some really interesting aspects to it such as camera angles and animated typography to it. The font they used is very similar to the one I have used in which mine is Bebas Neue part of the Sans Serif family. What I like about this video is the simplicity behind it but after working on my video I realised to achieve this kind of simplicity you real have to work hard setting up the right equipment. 

Analysing this video, they definitely used 3 point lighting if not more, to get the pure white look of the back ground and to also maintain the vibrant colours on the clothes, the skin and the hair on Kevin without bleaching him out. As for the camera work, they used an extreme wide angle lens, maybe a 10mm zoom lens that allows some of Kevin's features to appear distorted, for example in perspective, his head would appear way larger than his feet.

For my video, I worked in a much simpler way than that, I had my cast simple sat on a chair and talking towards the camera placed on a tripod. During post production I animated the typography around the interviewees. 

Critically comparing my video to the one above, my white drop is not pure white as the one on Kevin's video. The trick they may have used is the either by a clever lighting process in which I could not achieve, given that I was using a photography studio instead of a film studio, or they achieved the pure white at post production by keying out the person and placing a virtual background. 



No comments:

Post a Comment