Tuesday 7 May 2013

OUDF503: 4thought.tv

While doing some reseach on what I'd like my video to look like, I came across the Channel 4 short documentaries called 4thought, they are a series of short films produced by Narinder Minhas filmed by Waddell Media for Channel 4. These projects simply ask known people from today's pop culture simple questions, the ones that I've enjoyed are when they asked comedians 'Is anything sacred in comedy' and the subject was on religion. These are a perfect example of what I want my short film to resemble, only on mine there will also be kinectic typography flying around the screen. I really admire the lighting used in the 4thought short film set, it gives a cool rather than a warm vibe to the set and the white background also compliments the atmosphere.

My idea to execute this short film is to

  • Rent out the photography studio 
  • Place a white background
  • Rent out 3 Elinchrom lights
  • Rent a 5D mkIII with a 50mm lens if they have it
  • Get at least 3 people to interview asking them 1 simple question each
  • Chair
Below are some of the examples of the short films shot by Waddell Media for channel 4:

4thought.tv Tim Vine

4thought.tv Stephen K Amos

4thought.tv Omid Djalili

No comments:

Post a Comment